Acids Isolation Methods
Institute for Microbiology and Genetics,
University of Göttingen, GERMANY
Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology, University of Ulm,
ca.350 pages, Hardcover
ISBN: 1-58883 - 027- 6
Acids Isolation Methods is part of a book series entitled
Genome Science and Nucleic Acids. The volume Nucleic Acids Isolation
Methods is devoted to preparation of genomic DNA, plasmid DNA, viral
nucleic acids, and RNA. Emphasis is also put on stabilization of
nucleic acids prior to isolation, scale-up of plasmid isolation, and
DNA cleanup from gels, PCR, sequencing, etc. A number of specific
medical and forensic applications are detailed such as preparation
of pathogen nucleic acids for real-time PCR analysis, extraction of
DNA from paraffin embedded bone marrow trephine biopsies, and
isolation of nucleic acids from tissue, blood, semen, hair, and
saliva for DNA fingerprints, RFLP, and PCR analyses. This book
contains 10 state-of-the-art review chapters written by 20 renowned
experts from leading research institutions, industry and a criminal
investigation department. Detailed description of methods as well as
their theoretical background makes this volume an essential
reference for specialists in academia, research institutions, and
industry and also a valuable manual for newcomers to this field.
- Stabilization of Nucleic Acids Prior to
Isolation, Douglas J. McGarvey
- Isolation of Genomic DNA, Emma
Duncan, Edgar Setzke, and Janina Lehmann
- Isolation of Plasmid DNA, Kate E.
Bendall, Emma Duncan, Eike Griess, and Dirk Schacht
- Considerations for the Scale up of
Plasmid DNA Purification, Markus Müller
- Purification of Viral Nucleic Acids,
Kate E. Bendall, Edgar Setzke, and Hans-Joachim Quandt
- Isolation of RNA, Douglas J.
McGarvey, Hans-Joachim Quandt, Janina Lehmann,
- DNA Cleanup from Gels, PCR, Sequencing,
and Others, Julian Phillips and Ulla Deutsch
- Nucleic Acids of Pathogens from
Biological Samples for Real-time PCR Analysis, Guido Krupp,
Thomas Laue, Rainer Söller, Thomas Grewing, and
- Extraction of DNA from Paraffin Embedded
Bone Marrow Trephine Biopsies,
Caroline L. Wickham
- DNA and Forensic Applications,
Anja Gockel, and Peter Berschick
- Most up-to-date reference summarizing latest methods on
nucleic acids isolation methods.
- Covers nucleic acids isolation methods and their biochemical,
biological, forensic and medical applications.
- 10 state-of-the-art chapters written by research experts and
market leaders involved in the production of commercial kits for
nucleic acid isolation and PCR diagnostics.
- Hundreds of bibliographic citations, illustrations, figures,
tables and equations.
- A perfect reference source for students, researchers and
specialists working in the fields of nucleic acids,
microbiology, biotechnology, genetics, genome science and
engineering, biochemistry, medical sciences, biology, biomedical
engineering and forensic science.